Tester2 is simple test framework for functional testing of server applications (j2ee: jms, ejb, tibco, oracle, file, custom). Its tests are command driven, does not need any knowledge of programming.
- Simple usage. You do not need to know any programming language. Just create and edit files in folder. To execute test, simply issue tester with the name of the test as parameter. The name of the test is actually relative path to the folder where test files are placed. Tester has only CLI, no GUI.
- Portability. As Tester is written in java. it can be used on any java based platform (windows, unix) Abstraction. Execution of a test is driven by test script - test.flow file. The file defines sequence of test commands with parameters (a command correspondes to one line). Various commands were developed to work with FileSystem, JMS, Database, tibco Rv etc. This moves your testing work on higher level, you can focus more on fuctionality and business matters of the testing.
- Extensibility. You can develop your own commands to work with whatever system you want. The commands are implemented in java.
- Consistency.It supports token/value substitution and record multiplication for message files, reference files, sql scripts, and other test files. This allows you to extract functionality into the variables on one place, which keeps your test more consistent.
- Improved maintainance of your systems. It is possible to run a package of tests on background. When applied on daily basis, this allows you to keep the systems always fully functional and under control. With the simple daily report your manager could sleep better after an avalange of change requests has been implemented in systems.
Be the first to post a review of tester2!