TAudioConverter is an advanced, multithreaded audio converter-extractor and CD Ripper. It can convert any audio format to aac, mp3, wav, flac, ac3, ogg, opus, mpc, ape or tta. It can also, extract audio streams from video files. It can apply various effects to audio streams.
Installers no longer contain ads.
Beta releases are located here: https://bitbucket.org/ozok/taudioconverter-audio-converter/downloads
- Convert audio files to audio files
- Rip CDs
- Extract audio files from videos and encode them
- Encode to aac, aac+, ogg, mp3, flac, wav, opus, ac3, mpc, ape, tta, tak, alac
- Copy embedded artwork to output folder
- Select between multiple encoders
- Both portable and setup versions are available
- Apply effects to audio files
- Simple clear interface
- Shell extension to start encoding with right clicking
try to use this online converter inettools.net/en/application/convertaudio
Just tried this (in spite of earlier comments) and have to say it worked perfectly. I had 2 x 1 hour radio programs, 1 in flv and 1 in m4a - in less than 2 minutes they were coverted to mp3. No adware or malware - I scan everything!!
I personally did not encounter any malware issues. If you're unsure, just download the portable version. I was won over by the multi-threading and available 64-bit portable platform. Extensive encoding options including lame are also a big plus. The interface is streamlined and intuitive even without the extra skins, and recently added CD ripping really completes the package. Unfortunately, starting with version 0.9.4, the Win(x64) downloads ultimately launch a 32-bit process. This seems to coincide with the appearance of the CD ripper. Not sure what's going on there, but I'm confident it will be corrected.