task timer for windows nt/2000/xp/vista/7/8/2003/2008/2008 r2/etc. useful for timing work tasks and logging total hours worked on various tasks. windows version is start time/duration based, perl version is start-time/end-time based due to db.
- perl version in installer and zip file keeps track of work hours (start and end times) and uses PostgreSQL(pgsql) database
- windows version uses file-based multi-user SQLite3 database and keeps track of start and stop times, and total work time on each logged task (not currently set up for network file sharing)
- in windows version, drop-down selectable list for tasks
- in windows version, database delete button with double confirmation
- in windows version, task delete button with confirmation
- in windows version, ability to change task name
- in windows version, add comments (to exported text file), and import comments in specified format (see manual or help)
- in windows version, delete task events
- in windows version, import to/export from SQLite3 database using a specially formatted text file
- in windows version, has button to open text file in Notepad (suggest you use a programmer's editor like Notepad++ though)
- in the future, may allow further configuration for multiuser (don't know how well multiuser would work out) and any future persistence needs, using an .INI file, due to the lack of space on screen.
- I was considering doing a semaphore on the database for multiuser to check for ability to physically delete the database for upgrades, but this is still best done through collaboration - "nobody use this app for 1 hour at 5pm".
- in windows version, now using ISO 8601-2004(E) format for intervals (well, mostly, the format doesn't handle a large number of days I don't think, and that's what I am using it for)
- new text file format, new database structure in version in 2.0
Be the first to post a review of Task Timer!