Synchrorep is a one click directory synchronization software. All modification will be reported to one to the other and vice versa. Usefull for nomads or speedup differencials backup.
- One click synchronization using contextual menu
- If we don't want overload the contextual menu, desactivate it and create an icon on desktop to drag folders onto
- Synchronizations events are stocked in a database which allow detection of deletions litigious cases
- In case of deletion or litigious cases, the user is asked for what to do
- No files are deleted or overwriten, but put to trash to avoid data loose
- The behaviour of synchronizations is customizable (ex : take systematicaly the most recent in case of litigious case without asking).
- Synchronization from or to a ftp, a samba or ssh network share which monted on desktop
- Detect time differences between local system and remote system
- Management of synchronizations groups, allow to launch several synchronizations in one click
- You can now make differential copy (monodirectionnal synchronization)
synchrorep is fast and stable
Lots of good reasons to like this sync tool. Functionality seems more robust than most across my network. Unique interface makes a lot of sense. Unfortunately documentation is lacking. That and an imperfect English translation leaves me not understanding some functionality. It is the only linux sync tool I have found to work with Pogoplug NAS. This alone should guaranty a lot of users. Can't wait for documentation to catch up with the functionality. I suspect that if I really understood the options, it would do everything I want. don54321