Database Replication, Filtered Synchronization, and TransformationRead More
SymmetricDS is a data and file sync/replication solution. It is a platform-independent, web-enabled, and database-agnostic synchronization tool. SymmetricDS was built to replicate changes, bi-directionally, between remote nodes and a centralized node.
- Database Independent - Supports: Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Azure, HSQLDB, H2, Apache Derby, IBM DB2, Firebird, Informix, Greenplum
- Transaction Aware - Data updates are recorded and replayed with the same atomicity
- Guaranteed Delivery - Synchronized data is guaranteed to arrive at the target destination. If a synchronization fails, the same batch of data will be retried until it succeeds or manual intervention is taken. All other data synchronization is halted for the failed channel only.
- Conflict Management - Data conflicts can be detected and resolved
- Data Transformation - Data can be transformed to load into different structured tables
- Data Channels - Table synchronizations are grouped into independent channels
- Centralized Configuration - All configuration is downloaded from a central registration server
- Data Filtering and Rerouting - Allows for localized passwords and sensitive data filtering/routing
- HTTP Transport - Pluggable transport defaults to Representation State Transfer (REST-style) HTTP services
- Initial Data Load - Prepare the satellite database with an initial or recovery load of data
- Flexible Transport - Push (trickle-back data) or Pull (trickle-poll data) changes
- Multiple Schemas - Supports multiple database schemas naturally through the existence of Data Channels
- Simple Data Protocol - A fast streaming data format that is easy to generate, parse, and load
- Bidirectional Synchronization - The same table can be synchronized both to and from the host system while avoiding update loops
- Primary Key Updates - Captures the "before" and "after" data being changed, allowing updates to primary key data
- Payload Compression - Optionally compresses data on transport
- Extendable API - Add customizations through extensions and plug-in points
- Auto Database Creation - Optionally allow creating and upgrading of database schema
- Multiple Deployment Options - Standalone engine, web application, embedded software component
- Embeddable - Small enough to embed or bootstrap within another application (i.e. a POS application)
- Remote Management - Administration through a Java Management Extensions (JMX) console or REST
- Remote Database Administration - SQL can be delivered and run at remote databases via the synchronization infrastructure
- Database Versioning - Specify data synchronization by version of target database
- Android Support - Independent client that works on Android
- File Synchronization - Sync files as well as data
KEEP ME UPDATEDGet project updates, sponsored content from our select
partners, and more.
It does what it promises, but the free version is almost undocumented
Very effective tool.
Perfect choice for data and file replication in Java Applications