Read the changelist for details.
Zip File Contents:
1. Binaries of Swiss File Knife Base, the multi function command line tool
for Windows (95 to Vista), Linux (current and old releases)
and Apple Macintosh (i686 and PPC).
2. Sourcecode and build scripts of SFK Base,
allowing compilation under Windows and Linux.
3. Some documentation, example and test files.
If you are in a hurry and want only a single executable,
download any of the following. NO INSTALLATION is required,
the executables can be used instantly after download:
sfk.exe Swiss File Knife for Windows.
sfk-linux.exe SFK for current Linux distribs, like Ubuntu.
sfk-linux-lib5.exe SFK for older Linux distribs, like DSL.
sfk-mac-i686.exe SFK for current Intel-based Macs.
sfk-mac-ppc.exe SFK for older PowerPC Macs.
All executables have the version number in their filename for clarity.
You should rename them after download for easy use:
sfknnn.exe -> sfk.exe
sfknnn-linux.exe -> sfk
sfknnn-linux-lib5.exe -> sfk
sfknnn-mac-i686.exe -> sfk
sfknnn-mac-ppc.exe -> sfk
under Linux/Mac, also add "chmod +x sfk" afterwards.
if you have no unzip tool, or in a wrong version,
download unzip for the command line from
- CHG: COLORS UNDER LINUX: if environment variable
SFK_COLORS is now set to anything other than
"off", colors are activated (no ",on" required).
theme:black now uses a default color 14,
i.e. bright gray or non bright white.
- add: sfk netlog, send text output to network,
and/or to logfile, and/or to terminal.
- add: sfk list: options -maxfiles and -fileoffset
to list only a subset of selected files.
- add: sfk find: option -firsthit to list only
first match per file.
- add: sfk udpdump: option -from to show only messages
from specific server.
- add: sfk filter: option -global-unique for processing
of multiple text files.
- add: sfk filter: option -keep after -unique to
always keep some lines, like separators,
even if uniqueness is selected.
- add: sfk ... +append[to] filename, alias for
sfk ... +tofile -append filename
- add: sfk filter, hexfind, find:
option -justrc prints no output at all,
to set return code silently on matching text.
- add: mac compile: detection of __APPLE__ symbol.
- add: sfk runloop: option to delay per command.
- chg: automatic IP expansion: no longer showing
the [using ip] info message by default.
use option -showip to see expansion result.
- fix: sfk ftp client under linux: did not stop by
ctrl+c while trying to connect to a server.
- fix: sfk help colors: examples for SFK_COLORS didn't
work under linux as ",on" was missing. now "on"
is done implicitely, see CHG entry above.
- fix: sfk rmtree simulation always told
"0 dirs would be deleted".
- fix: sfk udpdump >out.txt empty file on small
output due to missing flush.
- fix: sfk base: replace -firsthit did not work with
replacement patterns of different length.
- fix: sfk fromclip: -wait, -clear not usable.