Author: Stephen Phillips - http://www.stephen-phillips.co.uk/webcam.html
Created Date: 11/03/2012
Last Modified Date: 30/04/14
Updated to fix some minor bugs and issues in the code.
This is a simple script I wrote to automatically archive images from my webcam to a MySQL Database for me to view later using PHP and a scheduler such as cron.
It is very simple, and can be included into a page using an iframe, it automatically copies the latest version of an image to the database which can be viewed using gallery.php to view all with sorting options, or using recentListing.php which shows the 10 most recent images archived.
Installation: See the read me included in the archive file or visit http://code.google.com/p/simple-webcam-image-archive/
I am hoping to rewrite this using Socket.IO (http://socket.io/) and node.js (http://nodejs.org/) at some point soon.
- Scheduled archive of images on a website using cron
- Stores images in MySQL DB which can be sorted on date and other fields
- Includes paginated gallery code to view previous images
- Includes latest 10 images code to embed on a website
- Includes documentation in readme.txt with guide to install
- Basic code, no styles applied, unbadged
Be the first to post a review of Simple Webcam Image Archive Script!