SWASH is a general-purpose numerical tool for simulating unsteady, non-hydrostatic, free-surface, rotational flow and transport phenomena in coastal waters as driven by waves, tides, buoyancy and wind forces. It provides a general basis for describing wave transformations from deep water to a beach, port or harbour, complex changes to rapidly varied flows, and density driven flows in coastal seas, estuaries, lakes and rivers.
- non-hydrostatic wave-flow model
- suitable for small-scale coastal and large-scale ocean applications
- includes user-friendly pre- and post-processing
- portable to many operating systems (e.g. Windows, Linux and Mac)
- no need to install other packages or special libraries (e.g. PETSc, HYPRE)
- source code is highly flexible, accessible and easily extendible
- better performance is achieved on multi-core CPUs using MPI
Be the first to post a review of SWASH!