SWAN is a third-generation wave model, developed at Delft University of Technology, that computes random, short-crested wind-generated waves in coastal regions and inland waters.
- third-generation spectral wave model
- designed for applications in coastal seas, estuaries, reefs and lakes
- use of highly flexible, unstructured grids
- use of a stiffly-stable scheme, so time step is not restricted by the CFL number
- includes user-friendly pre- and post-processing
- portable to many operating systems (e.g. Windows, Linux and Mac)
- source code is highly flexible, accessible and easily extendible
- better performance is achieved on multi-core CPUs using MPI
There are no 3 star reviews.