A real time audio synthesis engine, and an object-oriented programming language specialised for music.
SuperCollider was created in 1996 by James McCartney, now (since version 3) released as free software.
- Highly efficient real-time audio synthesis
- Expressive musical pattern system
- Efficient object-oriented programming language implementing features of modern functional languages
- Expressive multichannel support (massive numbers of input/output streams)
- Supports diverse stylistic and technical requirements
- Interacts with other systems using MIDI or Open Sound Control (OSC)
- Essential part of numerous art and science projects
There are no 3 star reviews.