A real time audio synthesis engine, and an object-oriented programming language specialised for music.
SuperCollider was created in 1996 by James McCartney, now (since version 3) released as free software.
- Highly efficient real-time audio synthesis
- Expressive musical pattern system
- Efficient object-oriented programming language implementing features of modern functional languages
- Expressive multichannel support (massive numbers of input/output streams)
- Supports diverse stylistic and technical requirements
- Interacts with other systems using MIDI or Open Sound Control (OSC)
- Essential part of numerous art and science projects
A way to create scalable audio projects and to compose music.
Supercollider works great.
very good project, thanks!
I highly recommend SuperCollider to any one new to digital audio signal processing with the need of manipulating incoming & outgoing audio streams and audio effects in real-time. The specialisation of SuperCollider on real-time audio allows you to design highly efficient & readable audio algorithms / programs (including GUI) in very few lines of code that would need 100-1000 lines of code in other languages (C, C++, Pyhton, Java, Matlab...). I have used SuperCollider by myself for: (1) education purposes at the technical university Berlin / T-Labs Berlin (2) Designing Digital Audio FX (3) Prototyping music application (4) Prototyping interactive (smartphone based) User Interfaces (5) Creating AU Plugins for MAC
This office suite is designed for both the amateur and the professional. Work with some programs a pleasure. Others make a little work. Nevertheless, I was happy with everything
Simply the best I ever used im my life. Software Suite is easy to use and like.