A text-based subtitles editor that supports basic operations as well as more advanced ones, aiming to become an improved version of Subtitle Workshop for every platform supported by KDE.
NOTE: project development is now happening on GitHub (https://github.com/maxrd2/subtitlecomposer)
- Support for multiple formats, including SubRip, MicroDVD, SSA/ASS (without advanced styles), MPlayer, TMPlayer and YouTube captions.
- Live preview of subtitles and video with support for multiple backends (GStreamer, MPlayer, Xine, Phonon), audio channel selection and full screen mode.
- Time shifting and adjusting, lines duration calculation, synchronization with video, etc.
- Working with original subtitle and translation.
- Texts styles (italic, bold, underline, stroke), spell checking, automatic translation (using Google services), etc.
- Joinning and splitting of files.
- Automatic detection of errors.
very good program with lots of features