An easy use to student planner to keep track of your assignments, events, and current grades in all of your classes. Additional features include Google Calendar integration and support for sending email messages to professors within the program.
- Keep track of all your class assignments
- Stay up to date on your grades in each of your classes
- Direct integration with Google Calendar
As with Benjamin, this is a good student application. However, like him, I was having issues with the dreaded System.Data.SQLite bug on a Windows 7 x64 installation. Given as this program is impossible to use without a database, this posed a massive problem. Recompiling from his source code using Visual Studio 2012 RC, however, allowed me to fix it. The steps involved: 1) Download the source code and a copy of Visual Studio. I used 2012 RC, but I presume other versions will work too. 2) In VS, go to the Calendar folder in the source and open Calendar.cs. In Windows Explorer, navigate to Calendar/bin/release. 3) Once it's opened in VS, open up the Solution Explorer (View -> Solution Explorer) and scroll down to Planner -> References. 4) In Explorer, drag the System.Data.SQLite.dll file underneath References in VS. This will add the library to the loaded assemblies. 5) Go to Project -> Planner properties and change the build target to somewhere else (I put a folder on my Desktop called "Build" and set it there). 6) Hit Build. It'll open up after it's compiled. In terms of usability, it needs to simplify the user interface in terms of adding stuff like homework assignments and other events, but I have to say I'm really, really liking the rest of the interface. I give it a 4/5 stars.
This program is the only planner software that I know of that is free, open-sourced, and directly created for students (like myself). All in all the program is decent. However, this program is most definitely in its beta stage. I am using a 64 bit processor and when I tried to create the database for the program, I was greeted by the dreaded run time error. Unfortunately, when I tried to create the database, the program wasn't able to properly load one of the .dll files (namely the system.data.sqlite.dll). But fortunately (being a computer science student) I found that the problem was an easy fix. So after about 30 minutes of picking through code, I was able to find the source of the bug and (with a couple mistakes) resolved the issue. Keeping in mind that this program is still in beta, I give this program a thumbs up and 3.5/5 stars.