Stoopid Chess is a chess playing program with a GUI which allows you to play against the computer. It's written in C# and plays with reasonable game strength.
- Intuitive, attractive GUI
- 5 levels of play (from almost instantaneous to approx 1 minute / move)
- Save / load game
- Unlimited move undo
- Play a reasonably strong, fun game of chess
- Positional editing
- You may switch sides or change playing strength during a game
- Dynamically re-sizable board, capture bins and move lists
- 0x88 board format incl occupancy sets by piece type and color
- Alpha-beta and quiescence searches
- Replace by depth and always replace transposition tables
- Moves sorted by transposition entry, killer heuristic, MVV / LVA etc.
- Iterative deepening
- Separate pawn structure and in check hash tables
- Support for draw by repetition, 50 moves rule, insufficient material etc.
- (hopefully) easy to understand object model and source code
- Runs on .NET 2.0 & MONO
Thanks for Stoopidchess, it's the best!