Stellarium renders 3D photo-realistic skies in real time with OpenGL. It displays stars, constellations, planets, nebulae and others things like ground, landscape, atmosphere, etc.
- Realistic simulation of the sky, sunrise and sunset
- Default catalogue of over 600,000 stars
- Downloadable additional catalogues for up to 210 million stars
- Catalog data for all New General Catalogue (NGC) objects
- Images of almost all Messier objects and the Milky Way
- Artistic illustrations for all 88 modern constellations
- More than a dozen different cultures with their constellations
- Solar and lunar eclipse simulation
- Photorealistic landscapes (more are available on the website)
- Scripting support with ECMAScript (a few demo scripts are included)
- Extendable with plug-ins: 8 plug-ins installed by default, including:
- artificial satellites plug-in (updated from an on-line TLE database)
- ocular simulation plug-in (shows how objects look like in a given ocular)
- Solar System editor plug-in (imports comet and asteroid data from the MPC)
- telescope control plug-in (Meade LX200 and Celestron NexStar compatible)
cool, excellent, muy buena
Here is a very interesting planetarium software, very complete and accurate that will please to both the novice and the advanced amateur astronomer. I appreciate in particular the additional database of stars and DSO, the view at the eyepiece and the TLE of satellites. At this price, we cannot find a better product ! However, some details can be improved like the look of galaxies and the moon at the eypiece.
This program is not just amazing, it's inspiring! It not only let's me explore the night sky, even if it's rainy outside or to find and object when I do go out, but to plan my night's tour and if I choose, control my telescope in the process. It's accurate and a pleasure to look at and use! The most unbelievable part is - IT'S FREE. I sincerely mean it when I say: You cant get better then that!! Thank you so much, Remo Carbetta Mansfield, Ohio
Excelente programa, muy recomendable.