Stellarium renders 3D photo-realistic skies in real time with OpenGL. It displays stars, constellations, planets, nebulae and others things like ground, landscape, atmosphere, etc.
- Realistic simulation of the sky, sunrise and sunset
- Default catalogue of over 600,000 stars
- Downloadable additional catalogues for up to 210 million stars
- Catalog data for all New General Catalogue (NGC) objects
- Images of almost all Messier objects and the Milky Way
- Artistic illustrations for all 88 modern constellations
- More than a dozen different cultures with their constellations
- Solar and lunar eclipse simulation
- Photorealistic landscapes (more are available on the website)
- Scripting support with ECMAScript (a few demo scripts are included)
- Extendable with plug-ins: 8 plug-ins installed by default, including:
- artificial satellites plug-in (updated from an on-line TLE database)
- ocular simulation plug-in (shows how objects look like in a given ocular)
- Solar System editor plug-in (imports comet and asteroid data from the MPC)
- telescope control plug-in (Meade LX200 and Celestron NexStar compatible)
Great, I love!. But if you give problems with satellites, you must uninstall and reinstall, checking all boxes remove
Wonderful program! Thanks for creator. Very useful for me.
As always, a great Sourceforge achievement. NEW*** In the new Caltech online course, The Science of the Solar System (coursera.org), Stellarium is an assigned study aid. An important vote of confidence and a tribute to the quality of your creations (Audacity, Open Office, etc). Love ya!
Awesome program. Constantly improving and evolving. Great community. Powerful scripting and options.
hi, support for x32??