Stellarium renders 3D photo-realistic skies in real time with OpenGL. It displays stars, constellations, planets, nebulae and others things like ground, landscape, atmosphere, etc.
- Realistic simulation of the sky, sunrise and sunset
- Default catalogue of over 600,000 stars
- Downloadable additional catalogues for up to 210 million stars
- Catalog data for all New General Catalogue (NGC) objects
- Images of almost all Messier objects and the Milky Way
- Artistic illustrations for all 88 modern constellations
- More than a dozen different cultures with their constellations
- Solar and lunar eclipse simulation
- Photorealistic landscapes (more are available on the website)
- Scripting support with ECMAScript (a few demo scripts are included)
- Extendable with plug-ins: 8 plug-ins installed by default, including:
- artificial satellites plug-in (updated from an on-line TLE database)
- ocular simulation plug-in (shows how objects look like in a given ocular)
- Solar System editor plug-in (imports comet and asteroid data from the MPC)
- telescope control plug-in (Meade LX200 and Celestron NexStar compatible)
Excelente programa, muy recomendable.
So beautiful! I've been using Stellarium for years, it's so well done...thank you for all your hard work & time spent *^^)b
Amazing simulation of the atmosphere. I was stunned by the lunar eclipse on 15 March 2014. The moon was freaking realist.
tres chouette programme, je suis astronome amateur et je m'en sers souvent grand merci !!! les gens qui se plaignent du "support" ou qui pensent que c'est un programme Windows ... sans commentaire :)