Stars of Call will ultimately be a mix of Elite-like, Rogue-like and RTS, set in the Hoshikaze 2250 Sci-Fi universe, developed by the eponymous French Association.
Hoshikaze 2250 is a very large universe, set in the year 2250, Human Occidental Calendar. With 9 sentient species sharing more than 3000 stellar systems linked by natural hyperjump tunnels and settled on nearly 200 planets, it allows to develop many things around it : short stories books, novels, comics, paperback RPGs, videogames, boardgames, etc...
An association was created in 2007 to sustain the Project as a whole, with both open-source and commercial developments around a Community of Creation. Our motto : "Amateurs in spirit, professionals in methods".
For now (26/04/2014) the following things have been committed to SourceForge :
- An older Stellar System editor from 2004,
- A set of Game Design Documents,
- A prototype being developed as a Total Conversion of NAEV (http://blog.naev.org/)
- Elite-like game in top-down view within a rich context, with 9 species and multiple factions
- Exploration, trade and combat mixed in a global game for Spacers !
- Navigate through the intricacies of a vast, living universe
- Trade goods and keep an eye to economic events
- Buy ships and customize them to your liking
- Choose your side in many local factions conflicts
- Fight pirates, outlaws and adverse factions
- Run various missions, either as an independant or for factions
- Talk to the people in the bar, they may have hints or missions to offer you
- Observe, react or be part of events that can happen anytime, anywhere...
- Take an active part in multiple story arcs between the various factions
- Learn to become a Spacer in your own right !
Be the first to post a review of Stars of Call!