SQLeo is a (small < 1MB) SQL Query builder (but professional) that permits to create or display complex sql queries as Access (Microsoft query tool) do and permits to reverse engineer database models as db designers do.
This GUI supports all JDBC drivers: ODBC bridge, Oracle, Mysql, Firebird, HSQLDB, Postgresql, CsvJdbc, SQLite, UCanAccess, MonetDB ... (but MySQL jdbc driver is the only driver included in this package)
Starting with version 2014.01, public executable of query builder is limited to 3 tables per graph. Full featured version will be reserved for donators.
Can be compared with : FreeQueryBuilder (SQLeonardo ancestor), SQuirreL SQL, Active Query Builder, Flyspeed, Oracle SQLdeveloper, Toad, DbVisualizer, brio query ...
A data comparer (for tables/queries on the same or distinct databases) is under development.
- Connexion setup and Metadata explorer
- Query Builder:
- - create joins with drag and drop, foreign keys or with csv definition
- - supports all types of join: inner, rigth-left-full outer, natural
- - supports group by, order by, subqueries, union ...
- - pack (hidde) or unpack unused columns from a table
- - save query as image or .sql
- - reverse SQL syntax to graph (Hyperion, Microstrategy, Cognos, Analytics ...)
- - grid display with data filtering, sorting
- - rowcount
- - jump to parent or child table data
- - insert, update, delete data in grid
- - export (html, insert, text or csv), import data
- - format SQL text
- Command Editor (should be reserved for DDL or DML usage)
- new 2012.01: store joins definition in a local csv file
- new 2012.07: content / preview window fetch only first rows
- new 2013.02: Reverse subqueries improvments
- new 2013.04: Filter icon in graph for predicates
- new 2013.05: auto arrange Entities in graph using spring force model
- new 2013.07: java 7 on linux and java web start compatibility
- new 2013.08: auto complete sql text
- new 2013.10: SQLite support
- new 2013.11: full support for reversing subqueries to graph
- new 2014.01: data (content) window merged in designer
- new 2014.01: PL/SQL and other procedural languages support
- new 2014.03: export/import in unicode (UTF-8)
- new 2014.04: display (joins) graph even when not connected
- new 2014.04: better syntax formatting for subqueries
- new 2014.04: support for MySQL queries on multi schemas
- new 2014.06: font size can be increased for high resolution screens
- new 2014.08: translation for French, German, Italian, Polish and Spanish added
- new 2014.09: save table position and pack attribute as a comment in SQL
- new 2014.10: SQL history
- new 2014.11: command editor displays select results in datagrid (not text)
- new 2014.11: Icons size can be increased for high resolution screens
- new 2014.12: data comparer (tables/queries against the same or distinct databases)
- and many bug fix
This is the only small footprint visual query builder that 1. actually works as advertised 2. does everything you'll need 3. doesn't cost an arm and a leg 4. doesn't have kitchen sink feature bloat and 4. is well supported. My only criticism is that it is not better known and more widely used. It should be.
Just started with the product and was confused due to my limited knowledge of Java, but issue was resolved SAME DAY just by posting a question in the forums. A+ for customer support!!
Muy buen programa, sencillo y muy útil. Solo me complico un poco en la instalación y configuración del mysql driver en Windows Una vez solucionado, todo perfecto!!
works great. very easy to use. using it on Mac OS X Mountain Lion and MySQL
simple and straight forward to use