SplitPDF -SplitPDF.jar- is a ‘command-line driven’ Java-program, it splits a PDF-file by bookmarks into separated PDF’s. The bookmark is used as title for the newly created PDF. Extremely usefull and fast in a batch processing environment.
- Split a PDF into multiple PDF files based on the available bookmarks
- Programming language: Java
- command-line tool extremely useful for batch processing
- splits a specific PDF file or all files in a specific folder
- automatic clean of output folder before starting the process
- executing cmd-file before and after the process possible
- timestamp naming possible
- extracting only a specifice bookmark with wildcard is possible
- compress of the created files possible with a level range from 0 to 9
- merge with a pdf-file before and a pdf-file after is possible
- rename of original PDF file with extension .org is possible
- splitting one specific level, ALL levels or highest level possible
- a cross-platform application, developed with JRE 1.5 compliant platforms
- businessobjects alternative for report bursting
This project fixed a pdf issue that I was having. Using some of the other PDF splitters out there I was trying to split a 50k page pdf and it was taking upwards 24 hours. With the splitpdf.jar it only took 10mins. Was able to integrate it into powershell to automate the entire process. It runs in 64 and 32 bit processes but for larger file sizes 64 bit is much better. It also hogs ram for larger files or else it will slow down and use paged memory.
Very easy to use splitpdf
Great software, thank you.
I was able to get this to work for my purposes by modifying a source file and updating the jar. It would be nice to update the jar with a new parameter similar to uniqueSplitFilename that provides filename customization using basename, bookmark, date, padded numbers w/ an option to start from 1. If I knew more java, I'd be happy to do it. Very fast execution!
I like the possibility to integrate this wonderful tool into a command script that separates my PDF document every time I updated it. It worked for me, because I create the PDF document using OpenOffice Writer. When using PDFs made with pdflatex I experienced problems, too. But the tool is very helpful and I thank you for providing it.