SplitPDF -SplitPDF.jar- is a ‘command-line driven’ Java-program, it splits a PDF-file by bookmarks into separated PDF’s. The bookmark is used as title for the newly created PDF. Extremely usefull and fast in a batch processing environment.
- Split a PDF into multiple PDF files based on the available bookmarks
- Programming language: Java
- command-line tool extremely useful for batch processing
- splits a specific PDF file or all files in a specific folder
- automatic clean of output folder before starting the process
- executing cmd-file before and after the process possible
- timestamp naming possible
- extracting only a specifice bookmark with wildcard is possible
- compress of the created files possible with a level range from 0 to 9
- merge with a pdf-file before and a pdf-file after is possible
- rename of original PDF file with extension .org is possible
- splitting one specific level, ALL levels or highest level possible
- a cross-platform application, developed with JRE 1.5 compliant platforms
- businessobjects alternative for report bursting
Very easy to use splitpdf
Great software, thank you.
I was able to get this to work for my purposes by modifying a source file and updating the jar. It would be nice to update the jar with a new parameter similar to uniqueSplitFilename that provides filename customization using basename, bookmark, date, padded numbers w/ an option to start from 1. If I knew more java, I'd be happy to do it. Very fast execution!
I like the possibility to integrate this wonderful tool into a command script that separates my PDF document every time I updated it. It worked for me, because I create the PDF document using OpenOffice Writer. When using PDFs made with pdflatex I experienced problems, too. But the tool is very helpful and I thank you for providing it.
Did not really work for me. Could be the pdfs I was using. I did remove colons. Maybe there is some other characters that were giving it problems.