SparkyLinux is a GNU/Linux distribution created on the "testing" branch of Debian. It features customized lightweight desktops (like E19, LXDE and Openbox), multimedia plugins, selected sets of apps and own custom tools to ease different tasks.
Sparky is in-between the distros that are beginner-friendly and those, that require some amount of Linux knowledge. Beginning Linux users are advised to consult the project forums regarding any issues or doubts.
- Debian testing based
- Rolling release
- Fast, light & simple
- Most wireless and mobile network cards supported
- Set of desktops to choose: LXDE, Enlightenment, JWM, KDE, LXQt, Openbox, MATE, Xfce
- Special gaming edition: Sparky GameOver
- Special rescue edition: Sparky Rescue
- Base Edition to customize the desktop
- CLI Edition features core system and a few tools
- DVD media with selected set of apps, multimedia codecs and plugins
- For 32 and 64 bit machines with BIOS or UEFI motherboard
- Easy hard drive / USB installation
- Own repository with a large set of additional applications
I installed KDE 4.1 Version of SparkyLinux. It is Awesome. KDE at its excellence. This is the first KDE Version, I have come across with no sluggishness or Slowness. It is very Fast and light weight KDE Version I have ever seen. Really a Good Job by SparkyLinux Team. Keep it Up.
Very easy to use!Good job!
Easy to use. Great job!
easy to use, thanks
Easy to install and use.