SoundHelix is a free versatile Java framework for algorithmic random music composition. SoundHelix can generate random songs, play them (for example, on any number of MIDI devices or MIDI-capable software synthesizers) and is highly customizable using XML configuration. SoundHelix also allows writing the generated music as MIDI files.
SoundHelix produces music that is actually enjoyable to listen to.
- Produces enjoyable algorithmic random music
- Fully configurable using XML
- Can remote-control any number of MIDI devices with upto 16 MIDI channels each in parallel
- Supports LFOs for slowly changing MIDI parameters (modulation wheel, etc.)
- Extensible API allows for easy extensions to existing functionality
- Supports sending MIDI timing ticks to selected MIDI devices
- Example songs available on http://www.soundhelix.com/audio-examples
- Facebook fanpage available at http://www.facebook.com/soundhelix/
- Twitter feed available at http://www.twitter.com/SoundHelix
- Applet with simple example available at http://www.soundhelix.com/applet/SoundHelix-applet.jnlp
Very nice project: music well composed!
What a fantastic project! A useful random music generator that creates music you actually want to listen to!
Great project! I recommend this program strongly! Very best and fast random music generation s! It's great, although it should also install the generator with it!
At first I thought "It's a random music generator, it's bound to be bad." Though about 10 seconds later I was purely amazed. This program needs more recognition.
Produces good music, like the original algomusic!