Powerful ORM (Object Relational Mapping) for Java with minimal programming and configuration. Provides select, insert, update, and delete, and many other common operations. One-to-one and one-to-many cascading for unlimited levels. Simplified IN operator parameter as java.util.Collection. Custom conversions between any Java class/type and column type.
Works with any relational database. Tested with H2, HSQLDB, Derby, SQLiteJDBC, Firebird, DB2, Oracle 11g, PostgreSQL.
Performs as fast as plain JDBC. Performs faster than plain JDBC when caching is enabled.
Zero-configuration, zero-annotation use is possible.
Active record pattern may be used but is not required.
Version 3.1 has simplified cascade annotation with symbolic names and a default SelectCascade, for simplified configuration. Most cascades require no annotations.
- CRUD-ready, POJO-friendly
- Simple to program, configure, and understand
- Active record pattern is supported but is not required
- Creates standard SQL therefore works with any SQL database
- http://www.sormula.org for list of features
- http://sormula.hg.sourceforge.net/hgweb/sormula/sormula/shortlog for change log
First ORM that works out of the box. Almost no configuration (annotations) needed. Very nice!
Sormula is a excellent tool for data access logic. We have been using it for the past month and it has been reliable with multiple read write transactions and ease of use. I highly recommend this product for developers that work with relational databases.