Songwrite 2 is a music score and songbook editor. This software is especially designed for musicians who do not master solfege (like me!) and to Linuxian musicians. Songwrite 2 can edit staffs, but also tablatures (for guitar, bass, banjo, lyre, diatonic accordion,...) and flute fingerings (for tin whistle, recorder,...); it also manages lyrics. Songwrite 2 can play and print the partitions.
Songwrite 2 is a free software (libre software) written in Python. It is available under GNU GPL. It requires: Python, EditObj 2, GTK 2, Pango, Cairo and their Python bindings, LaTeX, Timidity (or any other MIDI player), Evince (or any other PDF viewer).
- Edit tablatures (guitar, bass, banjo, lyre, diatonic accordion...), flute fingering (tin whistles, recorders,...) and staff, and add lyrics to write your own songs!
- Create your own songbook
- Play your partitions
- Print your partitions and your songs
- Convert automatically staffs to tablatures or fingering and vice versa
- Export your songs into many formats (PDF, Midi, ASCII tablatures, GNU Lilypond, PostScript,...)
- Import ABC file or Guitar Pro 3 / 4 file (experimental)
Be the first to post a review of Songwrite 2!