Solr is the popular & fast open source enterprise search platform. It includes powerful full-text search, hit highlighting, faceted search, near real-time indexing, dynamic clustering, database integration, rich document handling and geospatial search. Solr is reliable, scalable and fault tolerant, providing distributed indexing, replication and load-balanced querying, automated failover & recovery, and centralized configuration. Solr powers the search and navigation features of many of the world's largest internet sites.
Solr is written in Java and runs as a standalone full-text search server within a servlet container such as Jetty. Solr uses the Lucene Java search library at its core for full-text indexing and search, and has REST-like HTTP/XML & JSON APIs that make it easy to use from virtually any programming language. Solr's powerful external configuration allows it to be tailored to almost any type of application without Java coding, and has an extensive plugin architecture.
- Uses the Lucene library for full-text search and extends it!
- Optimized for High Volume Web Traffic
- Standards Based Open Interfaces - XML, JSON and HTTP
- Comprehensive HTML Administration Interfaces
- Server statistics exposed over JMX for monitoring
- Linearly scalable, auto index replication, auto failover and recovery
- Near Real-time indexing
- Flexible and Adaptable with XML configuration
- Extensible Plugin Architecture
Be the first to post a review of Apache Solr!