Solarex is a space exploration game. You start in a stellar system of the inhabited zone, with no freight, a little money and, of course, your ship. You can become a trader, prospector or explorer, or all of them a little bit.
To run Solarex, just download the solarex-0_41.jar. This is an executable jar file. If you have Java 6 or newer installed, a double click on the jar file should start Solarex. If this doesn't work, please check the Wiki:
At the moment many functions are only rudimentarily implemented, but you can travel to and explore the stellar systems.
Changes in 0.41 since 0.40
- Ultracondensed metals can now be found on heavy planets
- Stable transuranium elements can now be found on superheavy planets
- Minor display improvements for newspaper
- Gas filtration drones are now operatable
- Fluid destillation drones are now operatable
- Resource harvesting on inhabited or owned planets is forbidden now
- Reduced jar file size
The solarex-trunk-v0_41.tar.gz archive contains the sources and images for this release.