Solarex is a space exploration game. You start in a stellar system of the inhabited zone, with no freight, a little money and, of course, your ship. You can become a trader, prospector or explorer, or all of them a little bit.
To run Solarex, just download the solarex-0_36.jar. This is an executable jar file. If you have Java 6 or newer installed, a double click on the jar file should start Solarex. If this doesn't work, please check the Wiki:
At the moment many functions are only rudimentarily implemented, but you can travel to and explore the stellar systems.
Changes in 0.36 since 0.35
- New portrait backgrounds for terraneans and posionbreathers
- New trade panel
- Descriptions added for many goods
- Goods now have a mass per trade unit
- Ship cargo hold measured in kg now
- Grouped many gas goods into "Common atmospheric gases"
- Added androids, graphite, hydrocarbons and radionuclides as goods
- Set androids to be illegal in some societies
- Added exceptions to planet generation rules so that sometimes instead of a gas giant a superheavy rocky planet will be created.
The solarex-trunk-v0_36.tar.gz archive contains the sources and images for this release.