Solarex is a space exploration game. You start in a stellar system of the inhabited zone, with no freight, a little money and, of course, your ship. You can become a trader, prospector or explorer, or all of them a little bit.
To run Solarex, just download the solarex-0_31.jar. If you have Java 6 or newer installed, a double click on the jar file should start Solarex. If this doesn't work, please check the Wiki:
At the moment there are no real ship upgrades available yet, and many other functions are also only rudimentarily implemented.
Changes in 0.31 since 0.30
- Ship equiment shops in space stations and space ports
- Payload of the ship is now shared between cargo and equipment
- XML style save games
- Hyperjumps only possible if drive range is larger than the distance.
- Radio links to space stations and space ports are now distinguished
better from being docked there.
- Unfortunately the saved games from 0.30 won't load in 0.31
The solarex-trunk-v0_31.tar.gz archive contains the sources and images for this release.