New version 0.5.0 released July 31st 2015.
Snowmix is a Swiss army knife tool for mixing live and recorded video and audio feeds. It supports 2D and 3D clipping, scaling and transparent overlay of video, png graphics and text. It supports animation of video, images and texts through native commands changing scale, placement, transparency and rotation. Animation and actions can also be controlled through native scripting and an embedded Tcl interpreter. Snowmix is designed for control over low bandwidth links and can work as a standalone CLI based program. Control over both CLI and a TCP connections.
Input and outputs can be done through GStreamer pipelines or the GStreamer shmsrc/shmsink API.
OS X on Intel and Linux on amd64/i386/i686/ARMv7 supported. Ubuntu/Fedora/Mint/Debian/Chakra/CentOS/OpenSUSE and Linero is supported.
Free support in the discussion forum.
See Snowmix in action on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/Snowmix4video
- Audio and Video Mixing - Low Overhead
- Unlimited Number of Audio and Video Feeds
- Unlimited Video Geometry and Frame Rate
- Unlimited Vector Based Image and Text Overlay
- Animation of Images, Texts and Video Feeds
- Advanced support for Cairo Graphics Primitives
- Unlimited Scaling, Rotation, Alpha Blending, Gradients and Masking of Images, Texts and Video
- Low Bandwidth Remote Management and Control
- Scriptable for Complex Operations
- Examples included for mixing Live video to YouTube Live, UStream and LiveStream
- OpenGL hardware accelerated support
There are no 2 star reviews.