Snowmix is a video mixer for mixing live and recorded video and audio feeds. It supports clipping, scaling and transparent overlay of video, png graphics and text. It supports limited animation through rudimentary scripting. It is designed to be controlled over low bandwidth lines and can work as a standalone CLI based program. Control over both CLI and a TCP connection.
Live and recorded video feeds can be fed to the mixer via GStreamer pipelines. Output can be accessed through GStreamer pipelines.
Currently only the Linux platform is supported.
See Snowmix in action on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/Snowmix4video
- Audio and Video Mixing - Low Overhead
- Unlimited Number of Audio and Video Feeds
- Unlimited Video Size and Frame Rate
- Unlimited Vector Based Image and Text Overlay
- Animation of Images, Texts and Video
- Unlimited Scaling, Rotation, Alpha Blending and Movement of Images, Texts and Video
- Low Bandwidth Remote Management and Control
- Scriptable for Complex Operations
The greatest open source live video project I've ever seen. It works fine, it's very easy to install and to understand, offering a lot of possible scenario of use and - not less important - it takes a very small footprint in terms of resources. The author is very quick and detailed in answering to questions. Great, great, great!
Great app snowmix
Fantastic video mixer. Does all I could ever need it to do with less overhead than I could ask for. Configuration is a breeze and the app itself is light and efficient.