Snowmix is a video mixer tool for mixing live and recorded video and audio feeds. It supports clipping, scaling and transparent overlay of video, png graphics and text. It supports animation of video, images and texts through native commands changing scale, placement, transparency and rotation. Animation and actions can also be controlled through native scripting and an embedded Tcl interpreter. Snowmix is designed for control over low bandwidth links and can work as a standalone CLI based program. Control over both CLI and a TCP connections.
Live and recorded video feeds can be fed to the mixer via GStreamer pipelines. Output can be accessed through GStreamer pipelines.
Currently only the Linux platform \(Ubuntu and Fedora) is supported though compilation on OS X has been successful, but not yet supported.
See Snowmix in action on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/Snowmix4video
**DO NOT UPGRADE TO UBUNTU 14.04 LTS**. See General Discussion for details.
- Audio and Video Mixing - Low Overhead
- Unlimited Number of Audio and Video Feeds
- Unlimited Video Geometry and Frame Rate
- Unlimited Vector Based Image and Text Overlay
- Animation of Images, Texts and Video Feeds
- Advanced support for Cairo Graphics Primitives
- Unlimited Scaling, Rotation, Alpha Blending, Gradients and Masking of Images, Texts and Video
- Low Bandwidth Remote Management and Control
- Scriptable for Complex Operations
- Examples included for mixing Live video to YouTube Live, UStream and LiveStream
snowmix is excellent..
Snowmix is excellent! Thanks.
The greatest open source live video project I've ever seen. It works fine, it's very easy to install and to understand, offering a lot of possible scenario of use and - not less important - it takes a very small footprint in terms of resources. The author is very quick and detailed in answering to questions. Great, great, great!
Great app snowmix