SnowBird Linux has everything you need to try out a modern desktop. You don't have to erase anything on your current system and it won't put your files at risk.
Take a test drive using the bootable media and should the desktop appeal to you, SnowBird Linux can be installed from the live environment, side by side with your current operating system or as a standalone replacement.
Not sure where to start? Check http://www.sblabs.org/windows/
The stable release is SnowBird Linux 19 (New Dawn - 19.2 - 16th October 2013)
The pre-release version is SnowBird Linux 20 (Misha - 20 Beta - 1st November 2013)
Follow us on Facebook on http://www.facebook.com/sblabs to stay informed about the latest happenings at SnowBird Labs.
24/10/2013 - Note: If you're testing the Alpha/Beta/Pre-release versions and your system does not boot to the full graphics mode (stays on the hot dog logo), restart your system and select Troubleshooting --> Start SBL in a basic graphics mode.
- Based on Fedora 19 (+ released updates)
- Tweaked Gnome 3.8 desktop
- Clean theme with flat icons
- LibreOffice 4.1 suite
- TrueType fonts along with font management application
- Bundled audio and video codecs
- Blu-Ray and Dual Layer DVD burning support
- Web, social and telephony applications
- Pre-configured Firefox (plugins and extensions)
- Productivity and graphics software
- Minimal development tools
- Useful utilities and accessories
- RPMFusion, Google, and Adobe repositories pre-configured
- Selected packages from Remi and Russian Fedora repositories
- Enhanced printer/scanner support and access to Open Printing repository
- SBL repository for updating third party software
- Bootable live dvd with optional installer
- Installable on a USB drive (pen drive or external disk)
Be the first to post a review of SnowBird Linux!