SNMP Simulator is a software that would act like a multitude of real physical devices from SNMP Manager's point of view. Simulator builds and uses a database of physical devices' SNMP footprints to respond like their real counterparts do.
- Pure-Python, easy to deploy and highly portable
- SNMPv1/v2c/v3 support
- USM supports MD5/SHA auth and DES/AES/3DES/AES256 privacy
- Runs over IPv4 and/or IPv6 transports
- Simulates many EngineID's, each with its own set of simulated objects
- Varies response based on SNMP Community, Context, source/destination addresses and ports
- Can gather and store snapshots of SNMP Agents for later simulation
- Can run simulation based on MIB files, snmpwalk and sapwalk output
- Can gather simulation data from network traffic or tcpdump snoops
- Can gather simulation data from external program invocation or a SQL database
- Can trigger SNMP TRAP/INFORMs on SET operations
- Capable to simultaneously simulate tens of thousands of Agents
- Easy to extend by Python scripting
- Also shipped as a stand-alone Windows executable
great program snmpsim, thanks.
no trouble to install and run, works nicely.