Snap7, through three specialized components: Client and the inedited Server and Partner, allows you to definitively integrate your PC based systems into a PLC automation chain.
Designed to transfer large amounts of hi-speed data in industrial facilities, it scales easily, down to small Linux Arm boards such as Raspberry PI.
Hi level object oriented wrappers are provided, currently C/C++, .NET/Mono, Pascal, LabVIEW, Python with many source code examples.
Very easy to use, a full working server example is not bigger than the “Hello world”.
Many projects/makefiles are ready to run to easily rebuild Snap7 in any platform without the need of be a C++ guru.
Very detailed documentation provided.
- Native multi-architecture design (32/64 bit).
- Runtime endian-aware architecture (no compiler switch needed)
- Three different native thread models for performance optimization: Win32/Posix/Solaris
- Two data transfer models: classic synchronous and asynchronous.
- Two data flow models: polling and unsolicited (PLC transfers data when it wants to).
- No dependence on any third-party libraries, no installation needed, zero configuration.
- Supported : S7 300/400/1200/1500/WinAC, LOGO 0BA7/0BA8, S7200, SINAMICS
- Set/Clear password functions to full access to protected PLC
very nice, thanks a lot for you share your effort. i have a question that windows 64bits version cannot work in Win7 or Win8.1 64bits OS, windows 32bits version can work?
Very useful.Snap7 library is easy to use with the wrapper .net provided.Support is excellent!!!
Very very very Nice, thank you so mach for this. Works nicely with S7-1200, I had just some troubles to read/write data from/to a DB because you need to change the atributes of the DB that you wanna to have access in the TIA PORTAL. Go in Attributes and uncheck the "Optimized block access" and that is all! Thank you again!