Snap7, through three specialized components: Client and the inedited Server and Partner, allows you to definitively integrate your PC based systems into a PLC automation chain.
Designed to transfer large amounts of hi-speed data in industrial facilities, it scales easily, down to small Linux Arm boards such as Raspberry PI.
Hi level object oriented wrappers are provided, currently C/C++, .NET/Mono, Pascal, LabVIEW, Python with many source code examples.
Very easy to use, a full working server example is not bigger than the “Hello world”.
Many projects/makefiles are ready to run to easily rebuild Snap7 in any platform without the need of be a C++ guru.
Very detailed documentation provided.
- Native multi-architecture design (32/64 bit).
- Three different native thread models for performance optimization: Win32/Posix/Solaris
- Two data transfer models: classic synchronous and asynchronous.
- Two data flow models: polling and unsolicited (PLC transfers data when it wants to).
- No dependence on any third-party libraries, no installation needed, zero configuration.
- Supported : S7 300/400/1200/1500/WinAC, LOGO 0BA7, S7200, SINAMICS
Snap7 is a fantastic solution for my class. I need communicate Logo OBA7 whit pc's and raspberry pi and is the best way. Davide Nardella help me a lot whit my questions, thanks Davide!! Give a chance at snpa7
Poche parole...grande lavoro...eccellente documentazione...
Fantastic! A piece of gold of open source software. Very good documentation
I wish i had found out about this project before. snap7 has and will save me a lot of time! Finally someone seriously made a nice open library for s7.