snap2 is a powerful rsync-based backup program (shell script) for Linux desktop PCs. It has a user-friendly GUI. It creates automatically-rotating 'snapshot' backups, or a mirror backup. It can also be run non-interactively, via cron.
- Saves disk space and bandwidth by use of hard links - only changed and new files occuply disk space
- Back up to 2nd hard drive, USB flash drive, or remote host.
- Backups are stored as regular files. No special program is required to access and recover backups.
- Run backups non-interactively (via cron), or with GUI interface
- Repository for Debian/Ubuntu users (see http://standish.home3.org/download)
- Works in Debian and Ubuntu. gtkdialog, a dependency, is available from http://files.crnatural.net/gtkdialog
snap2 is fast and easy to use
snap2 works great
snap2 is small and works nicely