Character animation system for games and simulations.
SmartBody is a character animation platform that provides the following capabilities in real time:
* Locomotion (walk, jog, run, turn, strafe, jump, etc.)
* Steering - avoiding obstacles and moving objects
* Object manipulation - reach, grasp, touch , pick up objects
* Lip Syncing - characters can speak with simultaneous lip-sync using text-to-speech or prerecorded audio
* Gazing - robust gazing behavior that incorporates various parts of the body
* Nonverbal behavior - gesturing, head nodding and shaking, eye saccades
SmartBody is written in C++ and can be incorporated into most game and simulation engines. We currently have interfaces for the following engines:
SmartBody is developed at the University of Southern California.
SmartBody is a Behavioral Markup Language (BML) realization engine that transforms BML behavior descriptions into behaviors and actions.
Be the first to post a review of SmartBody!