SmartPOS is a complete new OSGi plug-in that works inside SmartERP. (Idempiere 2.1 Distro) , taking all the power of an ERP, but creating an
intuitive , agile and easy to learn Point of Sale (POS) 100% Web .
SmartPOS has been designed to work as part of the ERP, and support complex business environments, where you can manage different products per organization, different organizations per client, differente warehouses per organization, and for each warehouse private config for your POS, price lists, taxes, discounts, combos (basic manufaturing) and much more.
Optimized to be secure, reliable with focus in productivity and fraud control.
Follow us at twitter: @smartjspnews https://twitter.com/#!/smartjspnews
- Flexible design for multi-organization companies. Support to have 1 ERP (centralized) with multiple organizations(branches), and each organization with many POS stations (sharing 1 local database per organization) – ideal for pharmacy chains
- Agile sales experience, quick search for products, customers, payments and pdf printing.
- Support to touch screen devices (tablets or big smart phones) for ordering
- Payments: Support to split payments, Payment forms with bank accounts
- Powerful and flexible Inventory model based in ERP (Simplified) multiples prices, unit of measures and stock control
- Easy customization of print formats for your tickets, invoices, close cash, Transparent integration with the ERP, creating all the formal documents for you such as: sale orders, shipping, invoice, RMA, and so on any time that you perform sales, returns, cash in-out, etc, that gives you all the stock control, accounting integration and so on that you used to have with the ERP, but using an agile a simpler User Interface with a high level of productivity.
- Multil-lingual support (testes on English, French & Spanish)
- More secure and more control to minimize fraud (role and security analysis)
- Multi-organzaiction & Multi-Warehouse & Multi-money support
- Flexible tax management
- Close Cash (partial & complete & reverse)
- Enhanced Printing and Reporting (server & client side)
- Advanced features
- Server side printer notification (each product can belong to specific printers) to different locations (warehouse, rooms and so on)
- Optimized for distributed pharmacies
- Bulk load for products
- Insurance/Club membership with Plans, discounts (% or $)
- Simplified returns
- Cash in-out control
- On top of that we have created a flexible configuration structure, so the user can define how the POS can change the behaviour (prices, filter products, customers) and much more The current document include most of the setup & configuration steps to prepare a SmartPOS environment, and also some the most common use cases for the SmartPOS functionality, additional resources for the ERP functionality can be found at idempiere.org
- Open source Point of Sale solution 100% web
- SmartPOS 3.2 First 100% decoupled release (SQL + packouts + configuration guide) so existent idempiere 2.1 user can install it on their current ERP. (Still under heavy testing)
- Support to ERP promotions (4 x 3, items free and so on)
- Visualization of product images (small - right side of product) and big , when clicking the small one
- New options to speed up remote invoice POS printing (without print preview)
- New transparent integration with SmartLoyalty (Loyalty points system for POS)
Well, it's interesting. It's called SmartPOS, which would lead you to think that set up is a snap. But nothing could be further from the truth. And searching both the wiki and FAQ proved to be fruitless in terms of just trying to get the app installed, much less working. In a nutshell, there's no one shot installer and as far as I can tell no instructions for setting up the app. I'm sure it's awesome, being that it has its roots in OpenBravo, but impossible for me to say since there was no easy way to just install the damned application and run it. You'd think with a name like SmartPOS, this would be possible. If you can't just download the app, point, click and watch the thing unpack and install like a giant pup tent, then at the very least, I'd like some straight forward set up instructions so I can test the app. If they exist, they're hiding obscurity. How so many people were able to run it is beyond me. There are a lot of 5 star ratings. So I assume these folks were able to figure it out and that they loved it. But that was not been my experience. Like I said, would have loved to test it, but couldn't even get it running on my machine. If that weren't bad enough prior to my writing this review, I attempted to contact them via their website. But every time I hit the submit button, the email wouldn't go through. Unbelievable.