SmartPOS is an advanced Point of sale improved upon present openbravo POS, while integrated (slave) to Idempiere ERP (1.0.c) using an asynchronous approach (RabbitMQ using AMQP).
Optimized to be secure, reliable with focus in productivity and fraud control.
Main differences with existent POS and other ERP-POS integration projects documents are available in our wiki and downloads section.
Follow us at twitter: @smartjspnews https://twitter.com/#!/smartjspnews
We are contributing more goodies and welcome any collaboration in kind or project inquiries.
Our last release 2.0 is fresh and ready for testers.
- Flexible design for multi-organization companies. Support to have 1 ERP (centralized) with multiple organizations(branches), and each organization with many POS stations (sharing 1 local database per organization) – ideal for restaurant chains
- Intelligent and Advanced asynchronous intergration
- Synchronize most of the critical POS transactions (tickets, returns, inventory movements, payments) creating valid ERP documents in real time without manual processes
- Synchronize most of the critical data from the ERP to the POS: customer, product, taxes, list of prices, warehouse, categories, returns, countries, cities, locations, and much more in real time
- Powerful and flexible Inventory model based in ERP (Simplified) multiples prices, unit of measures and stock control
- Sales Window: Functional and GUI enhancements (tips, discounts, notes and much more)
- More Flexibility for Payments
- More secure and more control to minimize fraud (role and security analysis)
- Support complex business environments where network and server connections are unstable: using asynchonous messenges, fail over, store & forward techniques from POS to ERP for real production environments
- Improved Daily reports & Auditing capabilities
- Additional Functionality to prevent fraud, maximize control and recover disasters quickly
- Enhanced Printing and Reporting
- Plus a lot of QA fixes applied to the original basic openbravo POS
- A complete list of new features is available in our wiki section.
Well, it's interesting. It's called SmartPOS, which would lead you to think that set up is a snap. But nothing could be further from the truth. And searching both the wiki and FAQ proved to be fruitless in terms of just trying to get the app installed, much less working. In a nutshell, there's no one shot installer and as far as I can tell no instructions for setting up the app. I'm sure it's awesome, being that it has its roots in OpenBravo, but impossible for me to say since there was no easy way to just install the damned application and run it. You'd think with a name like SmartPOS, this would be possible. If you can't just download the app, point, click and watch the thing unpack and install like a giant pup tent, then at the very least, I'd like some straight forward set up instructions so I can test the app. If they exist, they're hiding obscurity. How so many people were able to run it is beyond me. There are a lot of 5 star ratings. So I assume these folks were able to figure it out and that they loved it. But that was not been my experience. Like I said, would have loved to test it, but couldn't even get it running on my machine. If that weren't bad enough prior to my writing this review, I attempted to contact them via their website. But every time I hit the submit button, the email wouldn't go through. Unbelievable.
Its a great application. SmartPOS 1.3 has good feature and TAX related issues are resolved. It would be great if you can provide the source code of the smartpos1.3.
Not bad for a start, need improvement on the pos ui. Hope to see this with idempiere soon. Thanks
Works, very small, no complaints.