Read and annotate scientific papers in PDF. Stop printing and start skimming. Skim requires Mac OS X 10.6 or higher.
- Viewing PDFs
- Adding and editing notes
- Highlighting important text, including one-swipe highlight modes
- Making "snapshots" for easy reference
- Navigation using table of contents or thumbnails, with visual history
- View all your notes and highlights
- Convenient reading in full screen
- Giving powerful presentations, with built-in transitions
- Handy preview of internal links
- Focus using a reading bar
- Magnification tool
- Smart cropping tools
- Extensive AppleScript support
- Saving passwords in Keychain
- Export notes as text
- Automatic download of remote PDFs
- Support for Apple Remote Control
- Interaction with LaTeX, SyncTeX, and PDFSync
- Integration with BibDesk and other third party applications
- Spotlight support
- Highly customizable
- And much more...
Easier and more feature-full than OSX builtin viewer.
Skim is very good and helpful. Thanks for the developing team. I would like to suggest one handy function which is in the preview in mac osx: Is it possible that notes color may be with different color and not the same color for all notes ? Thank you for all your efforts.
I have used Skim for 4-5 years; it quickly became my go-to PDF reader and annotation application in undergrad, and I continue using it on a daily basis. The note-taking features are particularly helpful, as are its options to customize the toolbar and highlighting colors. As a grad student with a massive collection of marked-up PDFs, I don't know what I would do without it!
Very good application. Feature rich and well integrated. No stability problems with Skim 1.4.8 and Mavericks (10.9.1 & 10.9.2) so far.
Thanks for all the work that's being done until now. BUG REPORT: osX 10.9.1 Skim Version 1.4.7 (81) When copying words or sentences from a PDF file to basically whatever other application, letters "i" and "t" are often not pasted into the end use application. Haven't noticed this kind of problem with any other letters though.