Simutrans is a cross-platform simulation game where players try to successfully manage transportation systems between places by land, air, and water for passengers, mail, and goods. Planes, ships, trains, trams, trucks, buses, or monorails are at your disposal, but factories operate based on contracts and passengers can only travel to their set destinations.
- intelligent routing of vehicles, passenger, mail and freight
- customisable engine with many different graphics
- very flexible fine tuning of the economy by simple config files
- network gaming for up to 14 player together
- you set your goal: suitable for anybody (even used for teaching)
- many languages available, many platforms
- easy to add new graphics oneself
This is a great game once you get the hang of it but it's complicated up until that point. I tried to uninstall it and it wouldn't show up in add/remove programs on Windows XP. I ended up just deleting the file but it's still showing up.