Simutrans is a transport simulation game. Planes, ships, trains, trams, trucks, busses, or monorails are at your disposal. But factories have contracts and passengers will only travel to their own destinations. Many graphic sets (paks) are available.
- intelligent routing of vehicles, passenger, mail and freight
- customisable engine with many different graphics
- very flexible fine tuning of the economy by simple config files
- network gaming for up to 14 player together
- you set your goal: suitable for anybody (even used for teaching)
- many languages available, many platforms
- easy to add new graphics oneself
I found your website perfect according to my needs. It contains wonderful and helpful posts. Thanks for it.
Thanks for good program!
I use this project for years and i can't stop to play this game! I'm in love with this graphic. I'll never get boring from it!
I find this game very engaging. Its retro-style grafics paired with challenging game play fits well into today's requirements for what is good game. And the community is most helpful. Apparently, this project, started many years ago, has already undergone and survived a "generation change" in its crew. That is a proof of stability and liveliness.
I liked TT and TTD, and so do I like Simutrans as well. Especially the variaty of graphicsets makes the program much more interesting than TTD. The feature of line management enables the player to keep track of the car park efficiency despite a great number of vehicles. At this level, TTD failed because each vehicle must be configured individually. The pak128 graphic set is great. Huge buildings make the skyline of the city including the players transport company beautiful!
Play this game since many years and it's never gone boring.