Simutrans is a transport simulation game. Planes, ships, trains, trams, trucks, busses, or monorails are at your disposal. But factories have contracts and passengers will only travel to their own destinations. Many graphic sets (paks) are available.
- intelligent routing of vehicles, passenger, mail and freight
- customisable engine with many different graphics
- very flexible fine tuning of the economy by simple config files
- network gaming for up to 14 player together
- you set your goal: suitable for anybody (even used for teaching)
- many languages available, many platforms
- easy to add new graphics oneself
It's a good game and I like it a lot. I'm still waiting for the 3D version
This is a great game once you get the hang of it but it's complicated up until that point. I tried to uninstall it and it wouldn't show up in add/remove programs on Windows XP. I ended up just deleting the file but it's still showing up.
Excellent transport simulation with realistic economics!
A truly enjoyable time-waster that is good for all ages. Simutrans is a simulator game where you play a regional administrator or some other governmental engineering aparachnik and help develop or build it's transportation infrastructure, schedule trips and travel, and come to grips with the logistical nightmare humanity creates for themselves. If you liked the Sim City series of games, or civilization/building games, this may well appeal to you, and cause you to forget about other work you really should be doing.
I am hopelessly addicted to this game.