A very simple, fast, multithreaded, platform independent WebSocket (WS) and WebSocket Secure (WSS) server and client library implemented using C++11, Boost.Asio and OpenSSL. Created to be an easy way to make WebSocket endpoints in C++.
See README.md under Files for more information.
See also https://sourceforge.net/projects/simplewebservercpp for an easy way to make REST resources available from C++ applications.
- RFC 6455 mostly supported: text/binary frames, ping-pong, connection close with status and reason.
- Thread pool
- Platform independent
- WebSocket Secure support
- Timeouts, if any of Server::timeout_request and Server::timeout_idle are >0 (default: Server::timeout_request=5 seconds, and Server::timeout_idle=0 seconds; no timeout on idle connections)
- Simple way to add WebSocket endpoints using regex for path, and anonymous functions
- An easy to use WebSocket and WebSocket Secure client library
- C++ bindings to the following OpenSSL methods: Base64, MD5, SHA1, SHA256 and SHA512 (found in crypto.hpp)
Be the first to post a review of Simple WebSocket Server C++!