Simple Plugins is a plugins framework for .Net based apps which can be used to create new .Net based pluggable apps as well as to make existing .Net apps pluggable. Its a simple and easy to use .Net AppDomain based plugins solution for any .Net app.
- Easily make existing .Net applications pluggable with a few lines of code and zero app domain knowledge.
- Write new pluggable .Net applications with a few lines of code and give plugin developers a simple API to work on that requires zero app domain knowledge.
- Isolation of plugins in their own App Domains, Automatic Loading and Unloading of App Domains, Dependant Assembly Resolution, Shadow Copy Support and much more.
- Prevent unhandled exceptions in plugins from crashing your app and prevent such exceptions from leaking app domains and causing unexpected behaviour in your pluggable application.
- Define whether plugins can execute synchronously, asynchronously and specify whether plugins need to run exclusively.
- Supports any type of plugin. GUI, Non-GUI etc. Supports plugins in the form of dynamic link libraries or executable files.
- Keep track of loaded plugins. Be aware of each plugin's state and take actions (cancel plugin loading, customize app domain setup, etc) through numerous events exposed by the Plugin Loader.
- Pass parameters to plugins and process their returned results seamlessly without having to worry about app domain logic.
- Allow an app.config file per each plugin.
- Not satisfied with the provided plugin or loader functionality? Easily write your own plugin class and define your own plugin loader by extending the provided classes.
Be the first to post a review of The Simple Plugins Framework for .Net!