A Simple 2D CAD/CAM application (currently Windows-only)
Cuts simple shapes (pockets, mostly) and simplified gears. It has a geometry mode that allows geometry defined by lines and arcs. It also generates geometry from any OpenType-style font!
- simple pockets, simplified gears, text
- geometry mode based on line and arc segments
- TEXT! generates geometry from any vector font (OpenType, etc)
- can (usually) cut inside/outside a geometry based on tool radius
- limited sub-component functionality
This is a nice little program. I'm not able to get the VRML import work, you mention on the video that this was "experimental". It would be helpful to have a link between a CAD program and your program through DXF or some other format; 2D or other wise. The VRML import would be sufficient. I haven't tried any code on an actual mill yet, but the generated g codes look to be sound.