A very fast ASP.NET CMS, that integrates well with ASP.NET.
The current development stage mainly focuses on the core concepts, and not on the GUI. There are almost no administration pages yet, and dynamic pages must still be configured by hand.
The main design goals for Silversite are speed and optimal ASP.NET integration. To improve speed, Silversite supports lazy loading of assemblies, and stores dynamic content directly in the .aspx pages. Because it stores the content in the pages, it integrates optimally with ASP.NET, because it is possible to edit any ASP.NET content dynamically, as well as edit dynamic pages in VisualStudio.
- Lazy loading of assemblies to allow for super fast startup speed. Current startup time is around 1.5 seconds on a quadcore, and could be further improved by lazy loading EntityFramework
- Storing of dynamic content directly in the .aspx page and not primarily in the database. This way page load time is fast, because there is no need to access the database, and it also is possible to edit ASP.NET controls in the dynamic content and not only html.
- Service/Provider model for extensibility.
- Modular EntityFramework CodeFirst for database access.
- Classes for html parsing and conversion.
- Transparent persistence of dynamic content. Pages can be edited either dynamically, or in VisualStudio.
Be the first to post a review of silversite!