Silex is a free and open source software that allows to create Flash and Html websites directly in the browser without writing code. Defined as a CMS (Content Management System) it is used to assemble multimedia content and publish it.
More info on Silex Labs website
Silex is used to assemble multimedia content and publish it online and on the desktop. You are able to produce websites quickly, and directly in the browser. Silex is maintained by Silex Labs, non profit organization based in Paris.
- Flash templates visual editor
- produce muticontext / multilingual applications
- online (RIA) or offline (RDA)
- intuitive WYSIWYG with rich text editor and wiki syntax
- all browsers
- any media (mp3, png, gif, jpg, flv, swf, txt)
- import/export animation templates, themes (which contain design)
- produce online or offline websites, applications (RIA or RDA), CD-R, touch screens for windows .exe, linux, mac .app
- HTML version generated for search engines
- deep linking
- internal search and rss feed from content
- oof components compatible, display rss feeds, data base queries, ...
Open source, modular, extensible and flexible... Exactly what the Flash community was lacking before...
Great project!!! Thanks to all SILEX team and community. :D
Developers, webmasters, designers, flashers, here is a way to produce websites, CD-R, points of sell and interactive terminals faster and better!
the only open source flash based website builder I know of. Nice! ok I'm a member. :-)
simple and straight forward to use
The best freeware binarual beat program at the moment!