See http://silcnet.org/ for detailed information.
SILC provides common chat and conferencing services like private messages, instant messages, channels and groups, and video and audio conferencing. The main difference to other protocols is that SILC has been designed with security as its main feature.
All packets and messages sent in SILC network are always encrypted. Private messages are encrypted end-to-end, channel message are encrypted with channel-wide secret key and secure file transfer is protected peer-to-peer.
- Fully encrypted conferencing protocol
- End-to-end encrypted private message
- Encrypted channel messages
- Secure file transfer
- Secure video and audio conferencing
- Authenticated Diffie-Hellman key exchange
- Perfect Forward Secrecy
- Off-the-record or On-the-record conversations
- No add-ons or plug-ins needed for security
- Command line SILC Client application
- Daemon for SILC Server
- Multi-platform SILC Toolkit for developers to develop new clients
Be the first to post a review of Secure Internet Live Conferencing!