Advanced shutdown scheduler with easy to use GUI written in Vala and GTK+3. Besides of shutdown, suspend, hibernation, restart and log out, SGTimer is able to execute Bash commands, or just show a message or play sound. All settings can be stored into presets for future use.
New SGTimer rewritten in Vala (without WFT modul so far) is available via PPA for Ubuntu 12.04, 13.10 and 14.04:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:georgdh/gdh
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install sgtimer
- Fast control by mouse and keyboard
- Timer for up to one week
- Direct access to all actions - Shutdown, Log Out, Hibernate, Suspend, Restart, Extras
- Support for saving presets (with optionable autostart) in 3 formats - Duration, Target time, Target time&day
- Any of the saved presets can be set as default and is instantly executed once SGTimer is launched
- Supports quiclikst in Unity Launcher and other docks for direct access to the presets
- Supported services: systemd, ConsoleKit, UPower, DeviceKit, gnome.SessionManager, kde.kmserver
- Extra actions (Sound, Message, Command) included shell commands can be executed before other actions, for example to kill some application before Suspend, etc.
- Countdown time can be, as little widget, placed anywhere on the screen, with variable opacity
- Works on Ubuntu 12.04 and newer
- PPA for Ubuntu 12.04, 13.10, 14.04
Be the first to post a review of SGTimer!